What is Process Mining?
This increase in digital "fingerprints" has made it possible that we are now able to accurately visualize the actual execution of business processes. Process Mining makes that possible. Until recently it has not yet been possible to connect process descriptions to the real execution of business processes. The textual and graphical models are often a to simplified representation of the reality. Often, only the sunny side of the process is shown. The so-called 'desired' situation or To-Be situation. That in itself is less of a problem when we look at rather simple and continuously repeating processes. There is no big gap between the model and the reality. If we look at more knowledge-intensive processes (treatment of a patient or administrative services) then there can be a large gap between the process model on paper and reality.
What is Celonis Process Mining?
Celonis Process Mining will be explained by means of this video:
Visualization of the reality
Fields of application
- Discovery execution of internal processes: How do our process run anyway?
- Show the performance of processes: define KPIs and show the values;
- Analyze a performance issue around a process and achieve concrete improvement actions: for example in the context of Lean, shorten the average through put time and reduce the dispersion;
- Checking the processes according to rules, regulations and guidelines: conformance checking
- The (near) real-time monitoring of the process and directly adjust processes where necessary
- Find an agreement with several stakeholders on the improvements and measures. The emphasis is on creating support. For example, along with medical specialists optimize a care pathway.